Monday, September 21, 2009

An Interruption

2009-09-20: For my readers who wonder why I haven't been posting, here's what happened. A few weeks ago, I was in North Carolina, on the outer banks. Unfortunately, near the town of Kill Devil Hills, I ended up in a car accident. Luckily, I wasn't hurt at all and the other person was taken to the hospital and subsequently released. Sadly, my vehicle was not driveable. I had to stay at a hotel (at resort-town prices, of course!) that weekend, while I waited for the appraiser the insurance company had hired to come and inspect my vehicle. He was very slow to get it done, and after a couple days of waiting and camping and some nasty insect attacks, I decided to come back to Illinois, expecting my vehicle to be considered total loss, which it later turned out to be.

I was fortunately given a rental car (the pitiful Dodge Caliber) and I drove it back to Illinois. I'd gotten a replacement Jeep, plus my insurance check, so I was just about ready to get back on the road. Or so I thought, but then I somehow caught a vicious cold/flu! Now I'm just about ready, again, and I must say that visiting New England at this time of year is going to be sweet.

In the future, I'll do a better job of keeping you all up to date. I will also, at a later time, change the date on each entry to the actual day that I am describing.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment