Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Lurid Details



2009-08-25: For those who are curious as to what exactly happened in North Carolina, here is a  photographic record!

This is the Google Maps street view of the approach to the crash site. It happened in front of that red building to the north. When I was there, the was more roadside vegetation. If you scroll northward, you can see a black or grey SUV turning into the driveway. That is where I rear-ended the Yukon. I tried to stop in time, and apparently I hit it at a low enough speed that neither of our airbags deployed. Unfortunately, I hit the other vehicle as it was turning right and it spun around then tipped on the driver's side.

In retrospect, it does not seem that a collision should be likely there, but, according to the local tow truck drivers, accidents on this stretch of highway are quite common.

No comments:

Post a Comment