Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Lake Fausse Point State Park

2009-08-14: I'd become accustomed to the heat and humidity, but that did not stop me from sweating profusely as soon as the day began. I set out to hike the swamp trails and was immediately hit hard by swarming mosquitoes as I attempted to take a photo. I went back to my camp, sprayed myself with repellent, and returned to the trails. But with the sweating, it wore off in about 20 minutes. I did, however, discover one thing. Mosquitoes here didn't move very quickly. As long as I walked briskly, they wouldn't be able to land on me. That made photography a challenge.

Sometimes the trail had a boardwalk, but mostly it was a muddy path. I noticed a similarity to the Pacific northwest, in that things grew everywhere they could. They were just smaller here. I found it to be quite beautiful and maybe a bit exotic.











No comments:

Post a Comment