Sunday, July 26, 2009

Custer State Park, SD

2009-07-17: I went to Custer State Park, intending to camp. Sadly, the campground was full. I decided to at least take the "Wildlife Loop". Indeed, wildlife was abundant. I spotted some sort of brilliantly vivid blue bird shortly after entering. Stone bridges arched over shady cool creeks. Herds of wild burros roamed across the grassy parts of this park. I spotted two separate buffalo walking along the roadside, and I was able to capture some photos. There were many more animals I could not capture. This drive was a good cross-section of the Black Hills, having everything from mixed deciduous-coniferous forests to tall grassy hills to rocky outcroppings.

1 comment:

  1. What a great experience to be able to see those animals so close without them being behind bars in a zoo!

    ReplyDelete