Saturday, October 3, 2009

Travel Notes: Kanaskat-Palmer State Park » Porteau Cove Provincial Park, BC, CA

I was now ready to make a major step on my journey - crossing the border into Canada. I had never done this before and I did not know what to expect. It turned out I had a bit of a hassle at the crossing due to long-passed legal issues, but I was eventually able to convince them that I was not there to cause trouble.

Once past the crossing, I encountered some of the legendary Canadian hospitality - people would go out of their way to help you if you asked. It was almost unsettling. When I asked a gas station clerk where a certain building was, he came from behind the counter and outside to the lot to point it out, not worrying that anyone would steal things from his store. Canadians in general seem patient and polite in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment