Friday, October 16, 2009

Travel Notes: Port Townsend » Olympic National Park, WA

I was very much anticipating my visit to Olympic National Park. Kanaskat-Palmer State Park had certainly given me a preview of what I was about to experience. Olympic is a very large park, and I noticed several different areas could be accessed. I was not planning to camp here, so any of them were valid. I stopped at a tourist information center in some random small town and grabbed a vacation guide. I decided that Hoh Rain Forest would be the best place to go.

The hills and rivers of Washington were on a smaller scale than I might have expected along this route, though they were many. Small lavender farms could be seen along the road, though none were photo-worthy in my opinion. It looks like one had to stop and pay for a guided tour to get anything good.

No comments:

Post a Comment