Thursday, December 6, 2012

Travel Notes: Cloundland Canyon State Park » Salem, SC

It was ironic that on this day, when I'd carefully planned to meet my friend at a specific time and place, chaos ruled. To start, since speed was my priority, I had let my GPS do the routing and I did not double check it as usual. I entered the address of my destination and away I went. This route took me through Atlanta. Traffic was extremely heavy when I got there, and the drivers were the worst I had seen outside of the Chicago area. Due to these factors, I missed my exit and had to literally drive completely around the city of Atlanta, the long way. Eventually I made it out of that metropolitan disaster and continued to Salem with little else happening. When I arrived, late of course, my friend was waiting with cold drinks and a ride to the swimming pool. I knew I'd be able to relax for a few days and got started without delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment