Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Cape Hatteras National Seashore, NC

2009-08-24: Onward, ever onward, I thought, after this incident. Eventually the hotel was getting too expensive and there was little I cared to do while waiting for the adjuster to do his job. So I decided to return to camping, despite the stormy weather that kept ripping through the area. I knew Cape Hatteras was nearby and I found a campground near the town of Buxton. Conveniently, the lighthouse was nearby. I was disappointed that visitors were not allowed to climb to the top. I went back to set up my tent among the sand dunes and hoped I'd soon get the call from the adjuster. It did not happen, but I was comfortable spending a few days here. Then night came, and some sort of tiny insects with ferocious bites found a way into my tent. I was up much of the night fighting them. In the morning I was greeted with a cold shower. When things go poorly for me, they come in surges! I knew I couldn't spend another night like that so I packed up and headed toward the Great Dismal Swamp, as if it would be an improvement.





No comments:

Post a Comment