Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tahquamenon Falls State Park » Home

2009-10-13: I had driven the UP several times before, since I used to go to college there. I recognized many landmarks of which I had fond memories. I stopped near Au Train to get some photos of Lake Superior. The wind coming off the lake was absolutely fierce, and felt like it could blow me over if I was careless. I passed through Houghton and saw that a place like that changes little, even in nearly a decade.

Whereas I...I had changed profoundly. This odyssey I'd been on was the absolute proof that I could now do anything. I was confident, cool under pressure, and above all, ready for whatever came my way. This epic journey would be the crowning touch of all I had done for self-improvement...for now. Everything was now in perspective as well. I knew the scale of the world and the things in it.

When I finally pulled up into my driveway, weary from the road, I smiled and started my attempt to integrate all of this into normal life. I thought, "If I am to do that, then I will have a lot of work to do."

May this be an inspiration to every one of you to make a journey of your own.

-Kevin







No comments:

Post a Comment