Saturday, January 26, 2013

Washington, D.C. - Part I

2009-09-30: My legs had become near useless for walking due to the previous day's events. I could shuffle along slowly, but things like stairs were nearly insurmountable. I checked into a hotel in Indian Head, Maryland on the way to Washington, D.C. for a hot bath and a comfortable bed. This hotel would be my base for excursions into Washington. The next morning, I headed for Washington and ran into its notorious delays in traffic. Thankfully, it was a Wednesday morning and I found parking with relative ease, compared to other old, busy cities.

The day began as a pleasantly warm early autumn day. Moving about on foot consumed most of my focus, so I primarily visited the well-known sites and enjoyed the historical feel of the city, declining to search for out of the way landmarks. Since there are so many photos of these internationally famous things, I have decided to post more of the unusual things I had caught.














No comments:

Post a Comment