Thursday, January 31, 2013

Travel Notes: Fundy » Mexico, ME

Crossing back into the US was no trouble this time, thankfully. But finding Mount Blue State Park seemed very difficult. My GPS unit did not have the area around Weld, ME correctly mapped. The paper maps I had weren't much help either. Eventually I deduced where the entrance was, but when I arrived it was closed off. Some vehicles were parked on this remote mountain road in front of the gate. I was tired and cold and I did not want to bother with it. I went back around and into the town of Weld, to the only shop that was open, a general store, and asked if I had found the right place, which I had. They had closed the park in this way after a certain date, which I supposed made sense. I started going toward Quebec again, but I was tired, so once again I stopped for the night at a Wal-Mart parking lot in Mexico, ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment